Sunday, April 22, 2012

Mother's Day Sunday School Craft |

I was searching online for a good Mother's Day craft for our Kids Church program and I ended up merging together a few of the ideas that I came across, so I thought I would share the craft idea in case someone else out there is looking for a cute, meaningful and simple craft idea.

We needed something that was good for a wide age range of children (Toddler to age 8). We also wanted something that the kids could present to their moms when they come in at the end of the service on Mother's Day.

I came across this image about 'Good Roots' and that is what started the idea:

It is basically a foam flower (you can get them in a 20 pack at Michales Craft Store) that the kids can decorate with markers, stickers etc. Then you simply tape a wooden skewer to the back of the flower and then wrap a green pipe cleaner around it to make the stem. Then I created a tag that is to be tied to the stem with green ribbon (making the leaves).

The tag includes a scripture verse with a play on words: "Train up a child in the way they should "GROW", and they will not depart from it." Prov 22:6.
As well as the "Thanks for the good ROOTS Mom!" concept.

Here is the tag - feel free to copy it and print it for use if you wish to make this craft:



And here is how the final product will look:





Here are the kids making the flowers and telling us why they love their mom! This video was played in the morning service on Mother's Day right before the kids came in with their flowers:


Have FUN!

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post! I've been looking for some creative and fun mothers day activities for kids and this just gave me some ideas. Wow. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this great idea. I work in the nursery with toddlers from 18mo-3 and finding crafts that can work with all of them is tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this but I can't seem to get it to copy in a way that I can print it without it taking up a whole page and cutting off the bottom of the tag. Suggestions? Please help! I want to make this for my Sunday School class in the morning. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind. I realized my issue was not saving the image to iPhoto on my Mac. I got it to work. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing, I too have been looking for a meaningful craft and this is perfect! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this wonderful idea! We have a few children in Sunday School who don't have a mom in their lives, so I "tweeked" it a bit, removing the word "Mom," and I will encourage them to write in the name of woman (aunt, sister, older friend, etc.) who is special in their lives. This way they don't feel left out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Before & Afters of our Home

Home Improvements Slide Show

Click on the slideshow to open up a 'Gallery' mode where you can scroll through the images.

"Befores" - Images of our home when we bought it

In Front Of Our New Home!

In Front Of Our New Home!

Wish List For Our Home:

Wish List For Our Home:

Our New Home Songs |