Sunday, April 22, 2012

Mother's Day Sunday School Craft |

I was searching online for a good Mother's Day craft for our Kids Church program and I ended up merging together a few of the ideas that I came across, so I thought I would share the craft idea in case someone else out there is looking for a cute, meaningful and simple craft idea.

We needed something that was good for a wide age range of children (Toddler to age 8). We also wanted something that the kids could present to their moms when they come in at the end of the service on Mother's Day.

I came across this image about 'Good Roots' and that is what started the idea:

It is basically a foam flower (you can get them in a 20 pack at Michales Craft Store) that the kids can decorate with markers, stickers etc. Then you simply tape a wooden skewer to the back of the flower and then wrap a green pipe cleaner around it to make the stem. Then I created a tag that is to be tied to the stem with green ribbon (making the leaves).

The tag includes a scripture verse with a play on words: "Train up a child in the way they should "GROW", and they will not depart from it." Prov 22:6.
As well as the "Thanks for the good ROOTS Mom!" concept.

Here is the tag - feel free to copy it and print it for use if you wish to make this craft:



And here is how the final product will look:





Here are the kids making the flowers and telling us why they love their mom! This video was played in the morning service on Mother's Day right before the kids came in with their flowers:


Have FUN!

11 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post! I've been looking for some creative and fun mothers day activities for kids and this just gave me some ideas. Wow. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this great idea. I work in the nursery with toddlers from 18mo-3 and finding crafts that can work with all of them is tricky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this but I can't seem to get it to copy in a way that I can print it without it taking up a whole page and cutting off the bottom of the tag. Suggestions? Please help! I want to make this for my Sunday School class in the morning. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never mind. I realized my issue was not saving the image to iPhoto on my Mac. I got it to work. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing, I too have been looking for a meaningful craft and this is perfect! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for this wonderful idea! We have a few children in Sunday School who don't have a mom in their lives, so I "tweeked" it a bit, removing the word "Mom," and I will encourage them to write in the name of woman (aunt, sister, older friend, etc.) who is special in their lives. This way they don't feel left out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 18th birthday gift ideas ought to be fun, but should be something which the 18 year old will remember for many years to come, and preferably something which will help boost her or him into their new adult life. Source to know about Sokisahtel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your wonderful posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. are everyone looking for ways online to get help solving their pregnancy and infertility problems when most of every native American is talking online about the help of Dr Mandaker Alamun. I checked him out when my husband who could not get me pregnant for over 9 years of marriage as a result of low sperm count became fertile and now, I am 5 months pregnant and it is this man known as Dr Mandaker who helped my husband solve his problem. My name is Alecia from CA USA. I would advise anyone and everyone who needs the help of any spell caster in love marriage,finance, job promotion,lottery spell,poker spell,golf spell,Law & Court case Spells,money spell,weigh loss spell,diabetic spell,hypertensive spell,high cholesterol spell,Trouble in marriage,Barrenness(need spiritual marriage separation),good Luck, Money Spells,it's all he does or looking for breakthrough in your political career to meet this Dr Mandaker the link to his website copy this link (witch-doctor.page4.me)His email contact witchhealing@outlook.com for He is a Reliable and trustworthy. I and my husband have gone to different hospitals having the thinking that I was at fault for not getting pregnant. But at the Federal hospital, they examined him too and his sperm count was low and unable to get a woman pregnant as a result of male infertility. It was then I sort out,thanks to Dr Mandaker.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are popular as Florist Service in Gurgaon from last 10 Years, we also offers fresh flowers cakes and latest gifts across Gurgaon. Send flowers online and Offline from flower shop for your loved ones and available for corporate gifting with fastest delivery.

    Florist Service in Gurgaon
    Online Florist Services in Gurgaon
    packers and movers baner
    packers and movers balewadi
    packers and movers ravet
    packers and movers bhosari
    packers and movers telegaon
    packers and movers magarpatta
    packers and movers aundh

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our stickers arrive in nine unique shapes and sizes, and that means you experience an option that is only suitable for you. Find more interesting information about Self Made Stickers here.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Before & Afters of our Home


Home Improvements Slide Show

Click on the slideshow to open up a 'Gallery' mode where you can scroll through the images.

"Befores" - Images of our home when we bought it

In Front Of Our New Home!

In Front Of Our New Home!

Wish List For Our Home:

Wish List For Our Home:

Our New Home Songs |