This year for Easter I am making 'Easter Bark' to take home as a treat for the family.
It is SO simple to make and so yummy to eat
It also looks really cute too:
- Choose several colours of chocolate wafers from the Bulk Barn
* Yeild: About 15 wafers of 3 different colours will make one batch which equals a cookie sheet size or approx 12 pieces of bark
- Melt each colour one at a time in the microwave.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and spoon out the melted chocolate into various areas of the pan (i.e. separate the one colour onto several areas of the pan so that it is not all in one spot - this will make it easier to swirl the colours together and will make it look prettier).
- Once you have poured each colour onto the pan tap the pan on the counter top to draw all the colours together (and to get the air bubbles out).
- With a toothpick or a knife swirl the colours together in a pretty pattern.
- Drop in Easter coloured smarties, or mini eggs etc. for an added treat.
- Cool in fridge for 10mins or until firm.
- Break the bark apart into small pieces.
- Ready to serve - the chocolate pieces look cute displayed in a egg carton with some basket stuffing or in an Easter basket.
Photos of how mine turned out:
Chocolate still hot, swirled together with smarties thrown in:
I am going to be making another batch with yellow mixed in too!