I found this super easy recipe for Two Ingredient Truffles on the Mom of All Trades Blog.
Here is a quick break down of the recipe:
The Two Ingredients:
- 1 Pkg of Chocolate Chips
- 1 Brick of Cream Cheese
- Let Cream Cheese soften for about 20mins in a bowl - cream/whip it
- Melt the Package of Chocolate Chips (in 30 second incriments so as not to burn it)
- Blend the cream cheese and chocolate together
- Use a spoon to scoop out small portions of the chocolate - drop them on a wax paper covered cookies sheet. (I was able to get 24 truffles from this recipe)
- Place the sheet(s) in fridge for about 1 hour.
- After the truffles are chilled and can be handled without melting take them out of the fridge and roll them into more of a ball shape.
- Then roll the truffle in a 'topping' of your choice.
The Toppings I Used:
- Walnuts and Pecans Chopped up
- Coco Powder
- Christmas coloured sprinkles
- Skor Bit Chips
I also made a second batch using dark chocolate chips and I added in a 1/4 cup of crunchy peanut butter so that those truffles will have peanuts in them! A Yummy combination!
Wrapping the Truffles:
I got cute mini cupcake wrappers from Bulk Barn that are Christmas Theme and I also got nice see through red candy containers to arrange the truffles in. I will tie them up with ribbon and place a tag on each to give them as gifts.
Have a yummy Christmas Season!