Thursday, April 7, 2011

Creative Bride | Lauren Brown

Lauren is a newly married bride from Florida!
She and I met online via my personal wedding blog while planning our weddings at the same time.

We were both budget conscious DIY brides and were able to share ideas with each other.

Since our weddings we have both been able to use the ideas and projects that we came up with for our own weddings and now turn around and create and sell these various wedding items to others!

There are lots of brides out there who LOVE the look of DIY but don't have the time to create it for themselves. So creative women like Lauren are able to give these bride's the custom DIY flare they want for their wedding days without the time and effort involved in producing it!

Wedding Wishing Wands!

(so fun to say!)

Here is one of Lauren's DIY wedding projects on a budget that she now sells in her ETSY shop

Lauren's Description of her project:

I wanted something different as an exit at our wedding. I didn't want the typical rice being thrown in my face or being covered in sticky bubbles. I came across this DIY project online to make wishing wands and thought it was such a neat and fun idea, especially for children and guests!

I purchased dowel rods, gold paint, ribbon in my wedding colors (pink and ivory), and glue sticks for my glue gun. I hand painted each dowel rod (over 250!!!!) and had my "now husband" start cutting the ribbon. I used 4 ribbons on each dowel rod, 2 pink and 2 ivory. I used the glue gun to put glue around the edge of the top of the dowel rod and tied the ribbon in a knot.

It was a very simple and easy project! Probably one of my favorites! That was a lot of fun!

* The above photo is of Lauren and her groom on their wedding day with their guests waving the wedding wands upon their exit!
It looks GREAT! *

Want Lauren to make you personalized 'Wedding Wands' for your Big Day?
Click HERE to find them in her Etsy Shop.

Lauren is also a photographer serving Bristol Florida and the surrounding areas!
Check out her photography facebook page HERE.

Thanks for sharing your creative wedding DIY project with us Lauren!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Before & Afters of our Home


Home Improvements Slide Show

Click on the slideshow to open up a 'Gallery' mode where you can scroll through the images.

"Befores" - Images of our home when we bought it

In Front Of Our New Home!

In Front Of Our New Home!

Wish List For Our Home:

Wish List For Our Home:

Our New Home Songs |