Friday, October 1, 2010

Perfect Picture Hanging |


I have always wanted to have family photos hanging on the wall going up the staircase, and we finally do!!

*
Hanging photos is never as easy as it sounds, especially when wanting them to look even on an incline, like a staircase.

*
SO to make it easier for myself I cut templates out of newspaper that were the same size as each of the photos.

*
I then hung these templates with tape in order to easier 'eye ball' if they were at the right height and distance away from each other!


*
And, without using a level OR a tape measure I was able to hang them perfectly.
I definitely recommend the 'template' route, especially when doing groupings of photos, as even though it takes a bit more time up front, it saves time and frustration in the long run.


An example of hanging photos using paper templates:


My Final Product:



Grouping of our Wedding Photos in the Living Room:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Before & Afters of our Home


Home Improvements Slide Show

Click on the slideshow to open up a 'Gallery' mode where you can scroll through the images.

"Befores" - Images of our home when we bought it

In Front Of Our New Home!

In Front Of Our New Home!

Wish List For Our Home:

Wish List For Our Home:

Our New Home Songs |