Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Antique Bird Cage |

Yesterday I had to kill some time while waiting for a photo order so I went into 'Memory Lane' a large 'Antique Mall' in London ON.

I have been looking for an antique bird cage for some time (as I don't like the look of the large, moderns plastic ones) and surprisingly I came across a beautiful bird cage in 'Memory Lane'.

It is made by Songster a Canadian Company and it has been painted white. It is a hanging style cage and the base and stand are cast iron and are beautifully detailed with birds and trees.

It looks great in my office up against my plumb coloured walls. And a Canary would look awesome with its yellow colour in contrast to the purple.


Now I just have to decide if I want a Canary or a Finch. I like the colouring of Society Finches and Spice Finches. And it would be nice to have a pair so I didn't feel that they were lonley (as long as I could get a pair of males or females as I don't want to deal with baby birds). But I Love the song of the Canary (as I had one growing up) and the yellow colour would look awesome in the purple room.

Canary|

Society Finch|
Spice Finch|

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Before & Afters of our Home


Home Improvements Slide Show

Click on the slideshow to open up a 'Gallery' mode where you can scroll through the images.

"Befores" - Images of our home when we bought it

In Front Of Our New Home!

In Front Of Our New Home!

Wish List For Our Home:

Wish List For Our Home:

Our New Home Songs |