Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hanging Photos Victorian Style|

In the background of various of my favourite Victorian era films I love looking at the decor, the wallpaper, the furnishings and the decorations.

One thing that I noticed that was consistent throughout a few of the films was that in this era they hung their pictures, paintings and portraits from ribbons and bows.

I loved this look and so I hung photos in my hallways in this style.

I purchased 4 different 4x6 frames from Homesense, non of which are made to hang on the wall, and then I attached black ribbed ribbon to each photo (by tying a not at the ends of the ribbon and slipping them under the hinges on the back of the frame). I glued and duck taped overtop of the ribbon on the back just to be sure the frames wouldn't fall.

I then tied little bows out of the same ribbon and put a small amount of hot glue on the back of them and stuck them to the end of the nail once the photos was already handing on it.
I got the "Home is Where Our Story Begins" wall decal from Dollarama for $2.00 and then I hung the four photos underneath it.

The photos are of our home in Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter. Before printing the photos I placed the season words on each of the photos in photoshop as well.

It gives the hallway a classic Victorian feel and being a small space the 4x6 frames don't overpower it.

Here are some photos of how it looks:


Here are each of the seasonal photos of our home:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The Before & Afters of our Home


Home Improvements Slide Show

Click on the slideshow to open up a 'Gallery' mode where you can scroll through the images.

"Befores" - Images of our home when we bought it

In Front Of Our New Home!

In Front Of Our New Home!

Wish List For Our Home:

Wish List For Our Home:

Our New Home Songs |